Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

SelbuMittens01


SelbuMittens01
Originally uploaded by butterflyjones03
Now I know this is not cross stitch related, but I had to share. I purchased this book early this month with www.knitpicks.com 40% off their books sale.
This Selbuvotter book is a great read , read it many times. I went ahead and tried the stranded work - (not one thing I am good at) - it was too small with fingering yarn . So this morning , found some naturespun sport in my stash along with size 3 needles and perfect.
Cuff took about an hour and then the rest flew by - - really need to keep tension loose with the stranded work - but I am in love!
Enjoy

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

That's really neat! I would love to make socks for myself. Sadly, I don't think I was cut out for knitting.

Vanessa said...

Hi Rebekah,
Actually I crocheted for years - forever! I had a hard time trying to figure out how to cast on properly so my knitting would look neat. I finally found a woman who worked at Walmart and was giving knitting and quilting classes. I asked her if she could teach me. She said if you are patient , I can teach you. I learned in 5 min.
After that it was practice , practice, practice!!!
I love to knit. These are actually Selbuvotta - Mittens
I make socks too - but not stranded work socks.
Hope to finish these up this weekend. Well the one anyway :)

staci said...

Very pretty! I have trouble keeping a consistent tension with stranded work...guess that means I should practice more ;)

Quote of the Day

The Dark Sorceress

The Garden Fairy

The Fairy Queene

Everett traffic

local traffic

Blog Layout and Design By: Designs By Vhiel
elements by Isyndra and Lauren Bavin | copyright@dragonflymystic.blogspot.com